Price: From $686
Destinations Visited: Mount Siguniang(4 nights including 2 nights' camping)
Departure: Fixed Date
Join a group and hike to a 5000+ meters peak of Dafeng at Mount Siguniang with affordable price. Have views of the splendid mountains of Mount Siguniang and adventure at borderland of historical China and Tibet. Besides, you will also go to visit the Chinese Treasure - the Giant Panda at Wolong Panda Base.Book Now
Drive from Cehngdu and stop at Wolong to pay a visit to the lovely pandas at new Wolong panda base. After lunch, keep driving into the mountains while elevation rises up to over 4000 meters. Have your first glimpse of Mount Siguniang Yaomei Peak down the pass of Balang. Arrive at Rilong, the small village by the foot of Mount Siguniang. Check in and acclimatize yourself at elevation of 3200 meters. Overnight at local Guesthouse.
Pandas at Wolong Panda Base
Mount Siguniang from Balang Pass
Today you will walk the Changping Valley of Mount Siguniang between elevation of 3400 meters and 3900 meters as an acclimatization day walking, preparing for your summit to Dafeng. You will start from where you stay and use a eco bus to the starting point of today's hiking. You can choose how far and how long you want to walk in order to get your body acclimatized to local elevation at Mount Siguniang. Try ot to stress yourself today as it is an orietation day. Overnight same guesthouse.
View at Changping Valley of Mount Siguniang
Mount Siguniang west face
Start from your guesthouse and enter the east valley of Mount Siguniang, the Haizi Valley. Walk on horse trails in the forest and arrive at base camp after 5 hours’ walking. Campsite at elevation of 4200 msters. Camping overnight.
Mount Siguniang Hiking at Haizi Valley
Hiking to Base Camp
Today you can either start early in the morning before 4 am to catch the sunrise by the summit of Dafeng. Or you can start at a normal time and walk to the summit of Dafeng, it also takes about 3 to 4 hours to reach the summit. If the weather is good, you will wonderful views of the peaks of Mount Siguniang. Dafeng is measured as 5000 meters’ tall and it is one of the four sisters of Siguniang. Walk back to your base camp and overnight camping.
View from Dafeng
Walk to Rilong where you started the hiking and drive back to Chengdu, your Mount Siguniang expedition ends.
1. The climbing permit application will need at least 2 weeks to be done. Bookings within 2 weeks prior to departure may result in faling of getting climbing permit.
2.This trip is available from April to November. The best seasons are May, June and September, October when weather is generally the best. Winter is too cold and possible heavy snow but still doable according to the weather.
3. This adventure involves walking at parks and horse trails. So walking boots are necessary for this hiking tour. In this tour, elevation whilst on hiking is between 3200 meters to 5000 meters. Precautions for mountain sickness are necessary as well.
4. Rain proof and Sun block are also necessary when you are traveling at these places for weather changes quickly at high altitude.
|Group No.||Availabilities||Travel Date||Price|
|PT-1||Open||July 16, 2017||
686 USD / PP
|PT-1||Open||August 8, 2017||
686 USD / PP
|PT-2||Open||October 22, 2017||
732USD / PP
|PT-1||Open||November 15, 2017||
732 USD / PP
1. The maximum group size is 10 PAX. Minimum group size is 4 people. If there are less than 4 people joining the tour, it will either be canceled or a supplement is to be paid to make a departure.
2. Signing up as a group more than 2 people can have a free airport pick up
3. If you are already a group more than 4 people, we can arrange you a private tour seperately.
4. If our travel dates listed above do not fit your travel date, please send your inquiry to us.
Please complete belowing form and submit it. Our staffs will contact you as soon as after we receiving your inquiry.