Budget Sichuan Tours with Public Transportation - Bus, Trains ...
Using the Convenient Public Transportations in Sichuan to Save Money
What is the biggest expense in a tour in Sichuan and other parts of China? It's not attraction ticket, not accommodation, not tour guide, not food! It's actually the transfer. Why the transfer is so expensive? Actually it's very simple because you have to pay for the driver, for the vehicle, for the fuel, for the toll. Besides, the cost for tour transfer usually will increase to double of the regular price during tourism peak seasons. Now you much be clear about the reason why sometimes you receive a quotation beyond your expectation. So how to cut down the expense on the transfer? To use public transportation, especially local buses, which are usually much cheaper and safe. Take the land transfer to Jiuzhaigou from Chengdu as an example, you need to pay about 4000? (about 590$) for a round transfer, but only about 400? with public buses.
You Don't Even Have to Hire a Tour Guide
Sichuan Travel Guide will give you a smart phone which is installed with user-friendly and helpful Apps, such as Google Maps, Wechat, Whatsapp, Uber, etc. You can use this phone to talk with your travel manager to get help, locate the best route, get travel advice on the web. We will also prepared some trip dossiers so that you can check well-concluded guidance about your trip.
What Destinations Are Suitable for Traveling by Public Buses
- Jiuzhaigou - it's about 8~9 hours's bus ride from Chengdu to Jiuzhaigou. Thebus schedules are frequent with many daily buses operated.
- Emeishan - the holy Buddhist mountain is only about 2.5 hours bus ride from Chengdu. You can also take high speed trains to Emeishan from Chengdu.
- Leshan - the World Heritage Site Leshan Giant Buddha can be reached after two hours' bus ride from Chengdu. High speed trains is also a great choice.
- Siguniangshan - the Oriental Alps Mount Siguniang is located in Rilong. There is about 3~5 buses to Rilong each day. About 4~5 hours are needed for the bus ride.
- Gonggashan - to get to the highest peak in Sichuan, you have to take a bus ride over 9 hours to Kangding City first.