Price: from $94
Destinations Visited: Chengdu - Dujiangyan (1 day)
Departure: Private Tour / Flexible Date
Only seeing the cute Giant Panda is fun, but doesn't seem to be as memorable and meanigful as do dome volunteering works to same this endangered species of Giant Panda. So why not take a day to stay longer with the pandas, besides you can help to do many volunteering works, including clean enclosure, feeding bamboos, etc. So far, the Dujiangyan Panda Base is the only place in Sichuan where you can do the volunteering works. It is only about one hour's driving from Chengdu city.Book Now
Get up early, and your tour guide will take you to Dujiangyan City which is only about 50km away from Chengdu. The Giant Panda Base is another 18km from Dujiangyan City as the only panda base in China that has Panda Volunteer project open to the public at present. Today, you will take part in a full day's project in the base, including: A) Feed the panda three times each day at 11:00, 14:00 and 16:00, each feeding takes about 20 minutes. It is very exciting. B) Clean the panda enclosure one or two times before the feeding, each time takes about 40 minutes. This is very interesting.
While during the free time, you can visit the red panda enclosure, hike to the tea farm in the park, watch panda documentaries. If there is child involved, you can consider making panda bread or attending a panda lecture.
Last, drive back to Chengdu.
Feed Giant Pandas
Cute Pandas in the Base
1. Dujiangyan Panda Park provides panda works for volunteer workers. Its mission is to raise money for panda protection and to give people knowledge about giant pandas to raise the awareness of protecting wild lives and nature. And it also provides opportunities for visitors/workers to have close experience with the lovely pandas.
2. It is actually a project rather than volunteer works. One needs to pay 700 Chinese yuan(included) per person per day to do the work. After you pay, one volunteer worker’s tag and working T-shirt will be given to you. And you need to sigh a contract of this volunteer work you are doing. You will be led by an English-speaking worker in the park to guide you through one day’s work. You are suggested to arrive at the park by 8:30 to 9:00.
3. July to September is the tourism peak season. Reservation has to be made at least 3 weeks before the final tour date.
4. If you you need, we can also help to book hotels in Chengdu and arrange airport/train pick-up and drop-off.
5. At Dujiangyan Panda Base, there is also a donationa project which allows you to cuddle a panda/photo with a panda. This costs 1800 Chinese yuan per person. This will also need to be booked before hand, preferably 2 weeks in advance.
6. You are recommended to wear water-proof shoes to do the volunteer work. Taking photos are allowed during your work.
Please complete belowing form and submit it. Our staffs will contact you as soon as after we receiving your inquiry.